Monday 13 February 2012

An Exception…


I know this blog is called the ‘Half-Assed Cook’, and that’s how I would describe myself 95% of the time, but on occasion I have reason to put in some effort. Last Friday was one of those days. 

One of my best friends, Rekella, is having a baby soon and I wanted to make something really special for her baby shower on Saturday.  I had seen these really cute baby cupcakes and thought I’d how hard can it be? I'll give them a go. 

Considering the only experience I had with using fondant icing was a 2 hour cake decorating course last year, I’m pretty happy with the results, even if it did take me the whole day to decorate 22 cupcakes.

I’m not going to bother putting up the instructions because if you’re following this blog, you’re probably not the type to be arsed actually making them.  I just wanted to share the pictures because I’m really proud of how they turned out.




If you really do want to know how to make these, let me know, or you can get full instructions for these and many other great cakes in Planet Cake: A Beginners Guide http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Planet-Cake-Paris-Cutler/9781741963182

1 comment:

  1. Really cool Kylie. We've now decided to have a baby shower next week. Can you come? Lol.

    ReplyDelete